Designed by James McKinnon and built for George Fisher of the Castle Restaurant. Intended to be a fashionable promenade etc.
Sir Otto Jaffe, the leading 19th century Belfast philanthropist and entrepreneur, who twice was Lord Mayor, purchased the building.
New shop fronts inserted by Frederick Sage & Co, London.
Hobart & Heron Architects carried out restorations to the arcade to accommodate gentlemen’s tailor Austin Reed Ltd. The monogram ‘AR’ on the 3rd floor refers to this.
John H. Lunn (Jewellers) Ltd opened in Queen’s Arcade.
Queens Arcade became a category Grade B1 listed building.
The building was acquired by John H. Lunn (Jewellers) Ltd.
Blue plaque was unveiled commemorating Dr James McDonnell (1763-1845), a renowned philanthropist, physician and the ‘father of Belfast medicine.’
John H. Lunn (Jewellers) Ltd and Consarc Design Group submitted a planning application proposing a £2m internal and external restoration of the building to recapture its Victorian splendour with a modern edge making it a key shopping destination.
The Arcade refurbishment was unveiled. The Rolex Store and TAG Heuer Boutique open becoming the first of their kind in Ireland.